The first Fort Bend County Fair was held in October, 1933. The original Fairgrounds were located between Rosenberg and Richmond on Avenue H. The only interruption in the county fair was during the years of World War II. In 1974, the Fairgrounds were moved to the existing location on State Highway 36 just south of U.S. Highway 59.
The youth of Fort Bend County have been the driving force of this organization for over 75 years. Youth education has always been a primary focus of fair activities. The development of a scholarship program in 1979 has provided deserving Fort Bend County students with scholarships to Texas colleges and universities. To date, over 600 scholarships have been awarded to deserving students.